Saturday, May 5, 2012

Nail Art! Citrus Edition...

One of my weaknesses is nail polish. Even though I can't really grow out my nails, and even though my job destroys a manicure within a week, I still love nail polish. That love got more intense (and more expensive, but never mind that) when I heard about nail art- tiny pictures and designs on nails. And not the super intricate ones from a salon, but cute basic designs you can do yourself. I have to say, the YouTube channel CutePolish has been a huge inspiration in this department. While I don't try all of her designs, and tend to modify those that I do try, she's still the one giving me all these ideas. So, with no further ado, inspired by Cute Polish's citrus nails video, voila:


The polishes are the brands OPI, essie, and Orly. That Orly striper was a miracle find- I didn't even realize they made them, much less sold them at the local makeup store. Previous stripers had to be ordered online! But with easy access to multiple colors of striper, get ready for a hell of a lot more designs!



The first picture is messy, the second blurry (you try taking a picture with your left hand!) but between the two of them you get the gist. So, just in time for this warm spell we're having in DC, I have fun summery nails!

If you're interested in nail art, I really would recommend checking out CutePolish on YouTube, her videos are pretty great. The next post on here will concern our Garlic Habanero Vodka experiment- get excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment