Saturday, April 14, 2012

Well that worked out well.

Clearly I was all on top of blogging about my search for the real me, as can be seen by the more-than-two-year gap between posts. Let's start over, shall we? To catch up:

-27 years old
-Living with Charming Assistant in lovely apartment
-Graduating in 1 month
-Have begun the dreaded job search

I'm trying to be more creative in my everyday life, which translates into me taking up knitting and starting various craft projects. Recently Charming Assistant and I decided to experiment with infusing vodka. We decided to start simple, and so began our test with blackberries, the most delicious of the berry families. Yes, strawberries, that includes you too. Maybe you should have been a bit tarter, and you could have had this distinction.

Step 1! Insert blackberries into vodka, like so:






Step 2! Let infuse for one week in refrigerator, then strain and transfer to bottle:





Step 3! Make pretty cocktails, and drink them!







We ended up making the cocktails with the blackberry vodka, the blackberries soaked in vodka, seltzer, and fresh lemon. Everybody liked them, but Charming Assistant and I agreed that they could have been sweeter. Next time I think we'll use a bit more of the vodka, and do half seltzer, half lemonade. But overall, a pretty good first experiment!

Until next time (which will hopefully be before 2014...)

No comments:

Post a Comment